- “I tried calling for help, too. No one ever comes. Just the Devil.”
Joe Davis is the protagonist of Downfall and a minor character in the The Cat Lady. He is the husband of Ivy Davis, the older brother of Robbie Davis, and the son of Mr. & Mrs. Davis. He had a psychiatrist, Dr. Frank Zellman, who he eventually stopped visiting.
Before the events of Downfall, Joe lived in Seattle, Washington with his parents and younger brother, Robbie, until moving to the United Kingdom because of his father's job. There, Joe met Ivy in front of a cafe whom he quickly became acquainted with before the two witnessed the accidental death of Robbie. Being the favorite child, Robbie's death prompted Joe's mother to commit suicide and his father to blame Joe for both tragedies, resulting in Joe becoming mentally disturbed.
Joe and Ivy later met again in their 20's and neither talked about his brother's accidental death. They fell in love and married soon after, adopting a cat named Lucifer along the way from Susan Ashworth, their next-door neighbor. Ivy suffered from eating disorders and severe self-consciousness, causing their marriage to quickly deteriorate. In an attempt to repair their relationship, Joe took Ivy to a small, country-side hotel called Quiet Haven where the events of Downfall take place.
- Downfall - A Horror Adventure Game (Non-canon)
- The Cat Lady
- Chapter 6 - "The Factory" (Cameo)
Related Achievements Edit
|The cat ran away from Young Joe.|
|Meet Joe Davis|
|You completed the tutorial.|
|You were really mean to Ivy.|
|Noises She Makes In Their Bed|
|Joe plays a tune on the piano.|
- Joe is voiced by Jesse Gunn. Young Joe is voiced by Adam Rosenbaum.
- He doesn't have breakfasts, instead he'd rather have a glass of Martini in the morning.
- In The Cat Lady, Susan notes that he has several Stephen King books, including Misery, and assesses that he is a fan.